Thursday, July 13, 2006

This lovely piece is an example of true cathartic knitting, or crochet in this example. This is the crochet stole from Rowan's Vintage Knit's book. There are some pieces that should only be reserved for healing a broken heart. This shawl is done on a size A crochet hook with Rowan's Kid Silk Haze and involved 6 grueling weeks of work. The tears shed as I thought of my ex-boyfriend helped to block the piece and by the time I was done I didn't even remember his name. That is true physical healing! Not recommended for those who take out their pain on others or inanimate objects...just for self punishers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ana Petrova said...

That is beautiful! Granny squares rock.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks amazing! And speaking as a self-punisher as well, I'll have to try it soon!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Yarnartist said...

This is gorgeous! I'm so glad I wandered into your store last week. Check out what I am making with the yarn I purchased there on my blog!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to your blog? There hasn't been a new entry in months?

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home